Contact Details1207 Toorak Rd
Camberwell VIC 3124
Back In Motion Camberwell provides leading physiotherapy, massage, clinical Pilates and personal training services to Camberwell and surrounding suburbs, including Ashburton, Burwood, Canterbury, Glen Iris, Hartwell, Hawthorn East and Surrey Hills. Established in 2007, we have grown quickly to become the physios of choice when it comes to your musculoskeletal health in our region.
You’ll find us conveniently situated in the Hartwell shopping strip. Our practice features three consultation rooms, a gym studio space, and the latest equipment including exercise bike, treadmill, Pilates reformers and a GaitScan® foot biomechanical assessment plate. We have six talented physiotherapists who have special interests in a variety of musculoskeletal conditions including sporting injuries, spinal pain, headaches and pregnancy related pain. We want to partner with you as a health mentor to treat or prevent injury, with the end goal of realising your optimal lifelong physical health.
Back In Motion Camberwell offer:
- Results4Life® – a unique program tailored to each client to achieve and maintain optimal wellness as soon as possible;
- FREE Initial Assessment – available to all new clients or existing clients who present a new injury or pain;
- Back In Motion Guarantee – if you're not thrilled with your experience, we'll refund your money and deliver your next session FREE;
- FREE 24 Hour Injury Advice Line - 0419 132 894;
- Extended opening hours – we’re available for booking six days a week, early mornings and late evenings.
We also have an active class schedule of semi-private Clinical Pilates classes and Healthy Ageing Ageing classes. Because all of our services are delivered by fully qualified physiotherapists you can claim them on private health insurance with extras cover.
Contact your local Camberwell physio to arrange your Free Initial Assessment today!
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our free monthly e-newsletter!
- Clinical Pilates
- Exercise and Rehab
- Custom Orthotics
- Aged Care Physiotherapy
- Ashburton Redbacks Junior Football Club
- Ashburton Willows Cricket Club
- Camberwell Sharks Junior Football Club
- Executive Fitness Management (EFM)
- Healthy Balance Fitness (HBF)
- Lynx Personal Training (Pete Manning)
- Original Bootcamp
- Snap Fitness Camberwell
- South Camberwell Cricket Club (STCCC)
- St Mary's Salesian Football Club
- Trinity Willison Cricket Club
- Alfred Road Kindergarten
Running Technique Screening: Not many people think about how they run, but they should! Our comprehensive Running Screening service is carried out by an expert physiotherapist who will conduct a series of functional tests and assess realtime video footage of you running on our treadmill. You will be provided with specific advice and a tailored exercise program. Whether your aim is 'Couch to 5km' or a Marathon, optimising your running technique will significantly reduce your likelihood of injury (particularly back and lower limb injuries) as well as improve your running performance.
Pre-Pointe Dance Screening: We also offer a Pre-Pointe Dance Screening service, devised in consultation with physiotherapists from the Australian Ballet Company. An expert physiotherapist will undertake a series of dance specific tests to assess whether you are ready to safely move en pointe and provide an appropriate home exercise regime.
Health Ageing Classes: Our Healthy Ageing classes provide Seniors with the opportunity to exercise in a supportive, social and supervised environment. Experts recommned that even older adults should be physically active for at least 20 minutes three times per week, with loss of strength highly correlating with decreased independance and increased risk of falling. Our classes are specifcally designed with these facts in mind to improve strength, balance and general fitness.
Dry Needling: Our physiotherapists have qualifications in myofascial Dry Needling. It's a very effective way to reduce pain and muscle tension, and can trigger a healing response in injured tissues when the body has ceased healing itself. As opposed to Acupuncture, Dry Needling works directly on the injured body part, not meridian or energy flows, and is based on Western Science rather than Eastern Medical Philosophy.
Our Physiotherapist treat many conditions, including:
- Postural pain
- Disc bulges
- Ankle sprains
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfers Elbow
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Joint pain
- Strains and sprains
- Tendon injuries
- Jaw pain
We also stock a number of products to help you manage your condition independently, including:
- Braces (Ankle, Knee, Shoulder, Wrist etc.)
- Contoured Pillows
- Foam Rollers
- Hot Packs
- Ice Packs
- Lumbar Rolls
- Massage Balls
- Orthotic Thongs
- SRC Pregnancy & Recovery Shorts
We are Registered Providers with:
- All Private Health Insurers (Australian Unity, BUPA, HCF, Medibank Private, MBF, NIB & many more...)
- Department of Veteran's Affairs (DVA) - you will require a referral from your Doctor
- Medicare EPC - you will require a referral from your Doctor
- Transport Accident Commission (TAC)
- Worksafe Vic