Once again we are very excited to have Katrina on board. She is an EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST and will add an extra service for the community between Cheltenham and Frankston.
Katrina will be working in clinic and also providing treatment using local gym facilities (equipment and swimming pools).
So - what does an exercise physiologist do? Katrina will be using specific and tailored exercise programs to help patients with conditions such as:
• Cancer including but not limited to breast cancer, prostate cancer and bowel cancer.
• Cardiovascular including but not limited to ischaemic heart disease (IHD) / acute myocardial infarction (AMI), chronic heart failure (CHF), arrhythmias and pacemakers, hypertension, peripheral artery disease (PAD), and valve disease.
• Kidney including but not limited to chronic kidney disease (CKD) stages 1-5, common aetiologies – diabetic nephropathy, hypertensive nephropathy, polycystic kidney disease, longterm medication use, infectious kidney disease, acute kidney failure (reversible), and end stage kidney disease.
• Mental Health including but not limited to anxiety disorders, affective disorders, psychotic disorders and trauma, and stressors related disorders.
• Metabolic including but not limited to overweight and obesity, metabolic syndrome, dyslipidaemias (acquired and familial), Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes, sleep apnoea, and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
• Musculoskeletal including but not limited to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acute, and sub-acute and chronic specific and non-specific musculoskeletal pain/injuries/disabilities.
• Neurological/Neuromuscular including but not limited to stroke (CVA), Spinal Cord Injury (SCI), Parkinson’s disease, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), dementia, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
• Respiratory/Pulmonary including but not limited to asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary/airways disease, and cystic fibrosis.
Also - she will be providing programs for those wanting longer term and higher level rehabilitation and sports preparation.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call 95801985