We are thrilled to have KATE TERRELL join our team to bring her experience and knowledge on all things exercise.
Kate has fantastic experience in individual and group treatment of a variety of pathologies and assisting patients through lifestyle modification, exercise and rehabilitation. Kate will be the only practicing Accredited Exercise Physiologist between Frankston and Cheltenham and is looking forward to helping you with patient management.
Appropriate exercise prescription for pathological patients is paramount to prevent decline and should not be neglected during COVID. As an Exercise Physiologist, Kate is trained to guide patients who have acute, sub-acute or chronic injury and illness.
Kate is also a QUALIFIED REMEDIAL MASSAGE THERAPIST and will be able to provide these services with us (once COVID restrictions lift). Remedial Massage is claimable under private health insurance.
Ourside of work, Kate loves being active and outdoors - and when able, loves to escape the city and head camping with her German Shepherd, Goose!
Here is a brief list of conditions that have great evidence for management with exercise!
- Cancer including but not limited to breast cancer, prostate cancer and bowel cancer.
- Cardiovascular including but not limited to ischaemic heart disease (IHD) / acute myocardial infarction (AMI), chronic heart failure (CHF), arrhythmias and pacemakers, hypertension, peripheral artery disease (PAD), and valve disease.
- Kidney including but not limited to chronic kidney disease (CKD) stages 1-5, common aetiologies – diabetic nephropathy, hypertensive nephropathy, polycystic kidney disease, longterm medication use, infectious kidney disease, acute kidney failure (reversible), and end stage kidney disease.
- Mental Health including but not limited to anxiety disorders, affective disorders, psychotic disorders and trauma, and stressors related disorders.
- Metabolic including but not limited to overweight and obesity, metabolic syndrome, dyslipidaemias (acquired and familial), Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes, sleep apnoea, and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Musculoskeletal including but not limited to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acute, and sub-acute and chronic specific and non-specific musculoskeletal pain/injuries/disabilities.
- Neurological/Neuromuscular including but not limited to stroke (CVA), Spinal Cord Injury (SCI), Parkinson’s disease, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), dementia, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
- Respiratory/Pulmonary including but not limited to asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary/airways disease, and cystic fibrosis.
Please join us in welcoming Kate!