We’re still open! Back In Motion Health Group COVID-19 Action Plan
We are still open
As the COVID-19 landscape is evolving, we would like to reinforce that we remain open at this time. The government recommendations and new restrictions still allow for you leave your home to attend medical and/or health appointments, this includes Physiotherapy.
Melbourne stage 4 restrictions
DHHS have advised that during the stage 4 restrictions we can only see patients face to face for essential care, routine treatment is not permitted. So that means we can only see clients if their condition would significantly deteriorate without treatment, resulting in an escalation in the health system. For non-essential care, we are still recommending Telehealth consultations. We can assess our clients via video chat and advise if face to face treatment is required.
If you are uncertain about what this means for your treatment please call your local practice to discuss.
For Melbourne residents, a curfew has been put in place from 8pm to 5am every evening. Outside of these hours, you are only allowed to leave home for food and necessary supplies, exercise, work or for care and healthcare.
All exercise and shopping for food must be carried out within 5km of where you live. The 5km radius does not apply for those who need to receive essential healthcare services. If you require essential treatement, you will still be able to see your physio if they are more than 5km from your home.
Face masks mandatory for all of Victoria
From Sunday, 2 August, the Victorian Government will be enforcing face masks for those who need to leave home across regional Victoria in addition to metro Melbourne and Mitchell Shire. For Back In Motion practices in these areas, clients and staff will be required to wear a face covering for in-person appointments.
Enhanced measures for your safety:
Your health matters to us, so we have implemented enhanced measures in our practices to ensure that we are able to keep our doors open to help those in pain and in need of Physiotherapy treatment.
The current changes in place include:
- Increased cleaning and sanitising measures will continue to be upheld in all practices.
- We are restricting our practices to one person per four square metres.
- 1:1 clinical exercise sessions are still available at all pratices. Some practices will not be running group classes at this time, please contact your local practice to confirm with them before booking.
- Some of our practices, including those in Victoria are requireing clients to wait in your car prior to your appointment time and we will call you when we are ready. Please confirm exact process with your practice before your appointment.
- For your safety and to help stop the spread of COVID-19, a temperature check may be required upon arrival.
If you are experiencing or have experienced symptoms including a fever, cough or sore throat within 14 days of your scheduled treatment, please do advise our practice prior to visiting to receive your treatment or attending our classes. The same applies if you have recently been in contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus or suspect that you may have the virus.
If you can't come to us, we can come to you through Telehealth, our new online Physio service. This will allow you to continue treatment with your Physio and stay on the road to recovery. Find out more about Telehealth here.
Please rest assured that we are continuing to monitor this situation closely and maintaining communication with local and government authorities. Links are below for reference and to keep yourself up-to-date:
- APA: https://australian.physio/coronavirus
- Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov#health-sector
For further information, contact your local practice here: https://www.backinmotion.com.au/practice/search