Pregnancy and leg cramps
Leg cramps can be common during the second and third trimester of pregnancy. We share some quick tips that might help to relieve or decrease those annoying and painful leg cramps.
Take these steps when experiencing leg cramps
1. Stretch. Straightening your leg by pushing your heel down first and gentle bringing your toes towards your shins.
2. After you stretch, massage the muscle or use a warm heat pack to relax the muscle.
3. Walking around for 1-2 minutess may help with the cramping.
Reduce the instance of leg cramps during pregnancy
1. Don’t stand or sit with your legs crossed for long periods of time.
2. Stretch your calf muscles, especially before bed.
3. Rotate your ankles and wiggle your toes whenever you sit down, eat dinner, or watch TV.
4. Walk regularly.
5. Stay hydrated.
6. Try a warm bath before bed to relax your muscles.
If you're experieincing leg craps with your pregnancy, or have any other concerns that you would like to discuss with a Physiotherapist, book a Free Initial Assessment today.