The Victorian government has announced that Stage 4 restrictions are to be extended for a further two weeks. Please be advised that we continue to remain open during stage 4 restrictions to provide physiotherapy and exercise and rehab services for essential care only.
Criteria for essential treatment:
1. The absence of treatment, or a delay in treatment, will cause significant deterioration of the patient’s functional independence.
2. Is likely to cause escalation in care needs (for example, medical treatment/review or admission to hospital or presentation to an emergency department). If you are unsure whether you meet the above criteria, give the clinic a call and our physiotherapists can conduct a quick screening questionnaire to determine if a face to face appointment is right for you.
For those who do require our services:
- You do not require a medical referral to attend your physiotherapy session if your condition meets the criteria above.
- We can provide a letter of attendance via email which can serve as evidence for a travel reason in addition to having your booking confirmation on your phone.
- Individual clinical exercise and rehabilitation appointments will continue to run.
We are continuing to follow enhanced measures within the practice, and we have updated them in accordance with the latest recommendations from the Department of Health:
- An increase in our venue cleaning procedures.
- Our team continue to follow a strict hygiene and disinfection procedure in consult rooms between sessions.
- Ongoing emphasis on hand sanitising.
- Reconfiguration of our waiting room and treatment rooms to allow extra space between all users.
- Temperature testing on arrival.
- Our team will be wearing masks and face covering in accordance with latest recommendations.
- All clients are required to wear a mask while inside the practice.
Unfortunately group clinical exercise classes are cancelled during Stage 4 restrictions and the studio space is closed to all studio memberships. Please get in touch if you require our help - we can accommodate individual face to face treatment sessions or provide telehealth services to keep you safe and well at home ph: 9481 1626.
Rohan, James, Verity & the team at BIM Northcote.