Contact Details84 William Street
Enter via Gurners Lane off Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
You’ll find us conveniently situated in the legal precinct of the Collins Street and William Street area of the CBD. Our practice features six consultation rooms, a gym studio space, and the latest equipment including treadmill, Pilates reformers, trapeze table, Wunda Chair, stability disc, as well as other personal training equipment. Our talented physiotherapists who have special interests in continence physiotherapy, including men’s and women’s health (read more below in Additional Services), and sporting injury rehabilitation. We want to partner with you as a health mentor to prevent and treat pain and injuries with the end goal of realising optimal lifelong physical health.
Back In Motion Melbourne on Collins offers:
- Results4Life™ – a unique program tailored to each client to achieve and maintain optimal wellness as soon as possible;
- FREE Initial Assessment – available to all new clients or existing clients who present a new injury or pain;
- Back In Motion Guarantee – if you're not thrilled with your experience, we'll refund your money and deliver your next session FREE;
- FREE 24 Hour Injury Advice Line - 0419 132 894;
- Extended opening hours – we’re available for booking six days a week, early mornings and late evenings.
We also have an active class schedule of Semi-Private Pilates classes. And, because all of our services are delivered by fully qualified physiotherapists you can claim them on private health insurance with extras cover.
Contact your local Melbourne on Collins physio to arrange your Free Initial Assessment or consultation today!
Please note we were previously located in the Australia On Collins shopping complex. In July we moved to this new location and have changed our name from Back In Motion Australia on Collins to Back In Motion Melbourne on Collins.
- Clinical Pilates
- Custom Orthotics
- Personal Training
- Vibration Therapy
- Women’s Health
Men's and women's health / continence physiotherapy
Brooke is our Health Group clinical lead in men's and women's health; a highly specialised field of physiotherapy; and as one of very few centres who can offer such a service, we are pleased to be offer this to our patients. With one in three women who have ever had a baby wetting themselves and around 40% of women living with bladder control problems, continence physiotherapy is a great way for these sufferers to regain control of their bladder and their pelvic floor.
Brooke is adept at treating a wide variety of continence and pelvic floor issues for both Men and Women including, but not limited to:
- Bladder/bowel stress &/or urge incontinence;
- Mixed incontinence;
- Overactive bladder;
- Pre & post-operative assessments/management of those undergoing prostate surgery;
- Vaginal/vulvar pain/ pulvodynia;
- Pain with intercourse (dyspareunia);
- Anal pain;
- Defecation difficulties/chronic constipation.
Pelvic Floor disorders can be caused by a variety of factors, some of which include:
- Childbirth - particularly longer labours, or above average baby size;
- Being overweight;
- Chronic constipation;
- Persistent heavy lifting/ long history of manual labour;
- Chronic cough;
- Hormonal changes involved in menopause;
- Getting older.
Whilst pelvic floor disorders are common, it is by no means normal to suffer from these ion silence and it is important to know that you can do something about it. Extensive research and evidence has proven that pelvic floor exercises should be the first line of therapy offered over and above any other intervention for these conditions. We acknowledge that it can be an awkward or embarrassing conversation to have, however our staff are sensitive and understanding of your needs throughout your consultation, so please rest assured you will be taken care of. Make sure you ask for Brooke when you book in for your continence assessment via phone 9602 3332 or online.