What is a Clinical Myotherapist?
A Clinical Myotherapist is a trusted allied health professional that uses a holistic approach to effectively assess, treat and manage musculoskeletal pain, dysfunction and aquired injuries.
Myotherapy is based on Western Medical principles of anatomy, physiology, pathology and biomechanics. A Clinical Myotherapist applies a client centred approach using a wide range of orthopaedic, neurological and functional testing to gain a thorough understanding of a client’s physical state.
On your initial appointment with a Clinical Myotherapist, a comprehensive physical examination, medical history and personal health goals will be assessed. Once this assessment has been completed an evidence informed personalised treatment plan is implemented using a wide range of treatment modalities.
A Myotherapy treatment can include:
- Soft and Deep tissue massage
- Trigger point therapy
- Muscle Energy Technique (MET)
- Myofascial stretching
- Myofascial soft tissue work
- Myofascial Cupping
- Joint mobilisation
- Myofascial dry needling
- Electrotherapy dry needling
- Thermal therapy - heat/cold
- Rehabiliation exercises prescription
After your treatment, your Clinical Myotherapist may provide advice on self-care strategies and/or provide you with exercises and/or a rehabilitation program to utilise at home, to ensure you are pain free and functional.
Common conditions a Clinical Myotherapist will generally see include;
- Back pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Tension headaches and migraines
- Hip, knee and ankle pain
- Sports & occupational injuries
- Rotator cuff problems
- Stiffness & aches associated with poor posture
- Jaw pain and clicking
- Fibromyalgia and other chronic pain presentations
- Frozen shoulder
- Degenerative joint pain
- Chronic overuse syndromes – Tennis and golfer’s elbow, RSI, carpal tunnel, Achilles tendinopathy
- General wellbeing
At Back In Motion we don’t provide quick fixes, but rather we try to get down to the root cause of the problem. In consultation with your therapist/team we are able to tailor your treatment journey using our Results4Life philosophy and get you back to your best and doing the things you love.