Take these steps when experiencing leg cramps
- Stretch. Straightening your leg by pushing your heel down first and gentle bringing your toes towards your shins.
- After you stretch, massage the muscle or use a warm heat pack to relax the muscle.
- Walking around for 1-2 minutes may help with the cramping.
Reduce the instance of leg cramps during pregnancy
- Don’t stand or sit with your legs crossed for long periods of time.
- Stretch your calf muscles, especially before bed.
- Rotate your ankles and wiggle your toes whenever you sit down, eat dinner, or watch TV.
- Walk regularly.
- Stay hydrated.
- Try a warm bath before bed to relax your muscles.
If you're experieincing leg craps with your pregnancy, or have any other concerns that you would like to discuss with a Physiotherapist, book a Free Initial Assessment today by calling 07 5613 3115 or visiting http://www.backinmotion.com.au/burleigh-waters