What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is a nationwide support program for Australians under 65 with a permanent and significant disability.
The program allows for supports and services in a wide range of areas to assist those with a disability achieve their goals and enhance their quality of life.
Physiotherapy under the NDIS is directed at improving an individual’s capacity for daily living and improving their health and wellbeing.
NDIS Physiotherapy at Back In Motion
Back In Motion is a registered NDIS Provider – we have undertaken a stringent accreditation process to become a trusted and quality-assured provider of physiotherapy treatment to NDIS participants.
We are able to service all NDIS participants with Physiotherapy funding regardless of age, condition, functional capacity level or plan type; of course, should you require specialist care we will promptly refer you on to the appropriate service.
There are a great number of ways that NDIS physio can help you – from increased understanding of your condition to improving your physical capacity to assist you in completing daily tasks, from helping you manage pain and discomfort levels to helping you navigate the NDIS Physio system – there’s always something we can help you with.
Services we provide
In an extensive assessment process our experienced BIM Blackburn NDIS physiotherapistswill identify your Health and Wellbeing goals and devise a Treatment Plan to suit.
Each Physiotherapy Treatment Plan is tailored to suit the individual’s condition, capacity and goals – no participant is the same and no Treatment Plan is the same. Services that may be included are:
- Hands-on manual therapy where needed
- One-on-one or small group supervised clinical exercise in our state-of-the-art gym
- Advice on self-management strategies, home exercise programs, self-treatment options
- A detailed Therapy Report for your yearly NDIS review
- Assessment and provision of gait-aids, exercise equipment or home modifications in-line with your NDIS goals
How do I get started?
To be eligible for the NDIS you must be:
- Under 65 years of age when you make your application
- An Australian citizen, resident or permanent visa holder
- Able to meet the disability or early intervention requirements
If you are unsure of your eligibility or you have NDIS funding without the inclusion of physio and feel it would benefit you, feel free to book a Free Initial Assessment with one of our NDIS Physiotherapists to discuss your options.