Sport-related physiotherapy is a large aspect of what we do here at Back In Motion, Rosny Park
The time of year has come when pre-season finishes and players are getting back into their winter sport rosters.
We have already been seeing players in the clinic who have sustained injuries in their pre-season training and want to improve and recover before getting into games.
Some of the common sports players we see at this time of year include:
When players are getting back into their sport, we also commonly see the following injuries plus more!
- Muscular strains - hamstring, quadricep, calf
- Ankle sprains
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Knee injuries - ligament injuries, meniscal injuries, patellofemoral pain
- Patellar tendinopathy
- Shoulder injuries - dislocations, rotator cuff injuries, impingement
- General aches and pains
We do not just help with injuries, however, some players goals are to enhance their performance in their chosen sport. Whether it is speed, power or strength for kicking for example - we can help!
What can a physio do to help?
Depending on the injury type, physiotherapists can use some of the following methods to get you back on track:
- Manual therapy - massage, dry needling, joint mobilisations, passive stretching
- Home exercise program
- Gym program
- Educate around pain management strategies
- Return to sport program and testing
Once pain has settled and function improves, we can then work on preventing the same injury from occurring again by identifying contributing factors and working on those.
If you have any sport-related injuries, give our reception team a call on 6281 2499 to book in for a Free Initial Assessment and a physiotherapy consultation and we can start you on your road to recovery!