Telehealth - Physio Online is now available at Back In Motion
Our doors are still open, but if you can't come to us we can come to you through Telehealth, our new Physio Online service. This will allow all clients to continue treatment with their Physio of choice, and stay on the road to recovery.
Even before the impact of COVID-19, there has been a growing consumer demand for access to video-consultation services provided by physiotherapists. There is now evidence that shows video consultations are cost effective, safe and well-received by patients – especially by those living in rural and remote areas, or who have other forms of access issues due to age or disability.
As per the Australian Physiotherapy Association, media release here, private health funds are fast tracking access for members to tele-physiotherapy consultations while Australians’ movements are restricted by the COVID 19 pandemic. Several private health funds will provide coverage for individual physiotherapy Telehealth consultations from Tuesday 14 April 2020 subject to the conditions listed below:
- The customer is undergoing an existing course of treatment and the customer has seen the physiotherapist over the past six months, or
- For new patients, the tele-physiotherapy service has been recommended by their general practitioner or relevant medical specialist, and
- The primary condition being treated is one of:
- Post orthopaedic surgery rehabilitation (e.g. Total hip or knee replacement)
- Chronic musculoskeletal condition (e.g. osteoarthritis)
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation, or
- pelvic floor muscle training,
- The service is delivered before 30 September 2020, and
- The service is undertaken in accordance with Australian Physiotherapy Association guidelines.
We recommend that you contact your health provider to see if your insurance covers Telehealth consultations.
We can offer you short, medium and long consultations to suit your situation, and given the impact the COVID-19 virus is having on people, we are discounting our standard fees for Physio Online appointments to ensure our clients don’t fall behind in their treatment.
For further information, contact your local practice here: https://www.backinmotion.com.au/practice/search